Monday, January 23, 2012

A Case of the Mondays

Ok, parents and students sitting around reading this.  I know you think that I have mountains of time where I just sit around thinking up witty things to say on the computer, but that's not the case.  Mondays are crazy for me.  I've got chess in less than 10 minutes, and I just sent out half a dozen emails.  (Including one to Mr. Zook... you know the email I'm talking about...)  I put in a couple grades, and talked to Mr. Ogle about the CAP Reading Group...

Five minutes left to come up with some meaningful extra credit.  (I almost cancelled the blog extra credit today, but I didn't want to deal with the glares of the students who ended up with a 79.43999 come report card...)

So, it's short.  Today for bellwork, we discussed economics and tied it into The Hunger Games.  (I actually wrote about it before in THIS POST (CLICK HERE) but never taught about it in class...)

To get the extra credit points, read and discuss this blog with a parent, grandparent, auntie, step-parent, or other adult at your home.  Here are some things I want you to talk about: how does the economy deals with jobs? What are some other words for production, distribution, and consumption?  Can you tell me how The Hunger Games shows examples of command, market, and traditional economies?  What is happening right now in The Hunger Games?

When you're done with discussing it, write the following quote on a piece of scrap paper: "Turns out I was a vampire myself."  Then, have the adult you read and discussed the blog with sign the paper.

Adults, by signing the paper you are stating you really did DISCUSS its content.  Please don't sign it unless that happened.  *Emoticon Smiley Face*

No comments:

Post a Comment