Monday, January 30, 2012

A New Day

Can we be this far into the school year? I refuse to accept it. REFUSE.

The students cleaned out their binders today. I love binder clean-out day. A fresh start. New promise. ...etc...

I also hate it. Sometimes when I look at all that work going into the recycling box, I think, "My word. All that work... gone..." Of course, I realize it's not what's on the paper that's important. What they've taken with them in their minds - that's where it's at.

We're starting India, Hinduism, and colonization today. We'll pepper in The Hunger Games as well, but we won't have nearly as much time as we had this past week.

We'll see how it goes.

In order to start the marking period off with some extra credit, discuss these questions with an adult you live with: How did you do during the first half of the school year?  What subject do you need to work on the most?  How is your attitude toward your peers?  Your teachers?  How can you be an even better student and person during the second half of the school year?  (I know, some of you are so close to perfection that this is going to be tough.  That's not tongue in cheek, either...  We've got some really great students this year.)

To get the extra credit, write the following quote on a sheet of scrap paper.  Then, have the adult you discussed it with sign the paper.  Here's the quote: "One knows so little.  When one knows more it is too late."  -Agatha Christie

Don't forget to put your name on there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment