Thursday, September 6, 2012

Tilted

I don't get to see my kids too much these days.  I coach volleyball and have games on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so generally speaking they're in bed before I get home.  The rest of the week we have time for dinner and story, and then they're in bed.

My wife sent me a picture of Gwennie - she had her first day of preschool today.  Apparently, she had some advice for my students:

Well Gwennie, overall the students are doing a good job.  They come in and start working right away.

While they were working on their bellwork today, I gave my first binder check.  Remember, organization is the key to success in junior high. 

The bellwork asked if they knew what caused the earth to have seasons.  (Students, you can check and see if the adult you're reading this with knows the answer.)  Then we watched this short (2:18) clip:



So, did you know the answer? 

Finally, we worked with globes in the classroom.  I gave out coordinates, and students worked together figuring out the country.

If you want credit for reading and discussing this blog with an adult, write a short explanation of why earth has seasons on a scrap piece of paper.  Then, have the adult you discussed the blog with sign the paper.  Make sure your name, date and class hour are on the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment