Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fear Breeds Fear

The bellwork questions from today:

Why might citizens living in countries with unlimited governments want to overthrow their rulers?

What might keep them from doing this?  (What are some negative consequences if a country does depose its dictator?) 

Student responses were fantastic.  I don't know if that's because of the guest speaker, or because they were just on today.  ...I love it when my students are on.

We used those questions as a starting point to study the Arab Spring.  We watched a short video that we'd watched last year.  You can check it out below.  I'm hoping we get to play a game tomorrow, but it may have to wait.




Don't forget that you have a quiz on Friday.  I would suggest studying the government chart.  You might consider doing that tonight.

If you want the extra credit for reading and discussing the blog with an adult, read it and discuss it.  Then, write the following quote on a scrap piece of paper:  "I have some 'friends,' they don't know who I am - so I write quotations around the word 'friends...'  But I have a couple that have always been there for me."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment