Saturday, December 29, 2012

What Have You Done?

Oh brother...  Now you've done it.

You were bored, so you decided to check and see if I've updated the blog.  And I have.

And it's reminded you that school is just around the corner - and you don't want to think about that right now.  You want to think about cookies.  And One Direction.  And the NFL.  And well... whatever else you care to think about.

And now it's ruined.

Well, here's some good news to cheer you up:


  • The world still hasn't ended.  Or if it has, I missed it and I'm not really typing this right now.
  • You still have some of your vacation left.  Enjoy it.
  • The Colts got Peyton Manning, kept him for 14 years - 13 of which were pretty good.  And the 14th was bad enough to earn a first round pick - this in the same year Andrew Luck became available.  (I know this is old good news, and it's only good news if you're a Colts fan.  And I'm not a Colts fan.  I only put it up there because it still seems pretty crazy.)
  • I'm dedicating one more day to completing the presentations.  Yes, you heard correctly.  I wasn't planning on it, but hey a little more than half the students had time to complete them.  And I know a bunch of you all don't have computers, internet, or you've been forced to show off those pink bunny PJs this entire break and have had little time to do anything else.  You're welcome.
To those of you who have finished, and wish to make all our lives easier, you can turn in your assignment by emailing it to philiphabecker@gmail.com.  I realize it's not the most original email address, but whatever.

If you want extra credit for reading the blog over break, go back through some of the posts from this school year.  You don't have to read them in their entirety, but just use them as a refresher.  Discuss some of those topics with an adult.  On a sheet of paper, list 5 topics that you touched up on, and discussed with an adult.  Have the adult sign the paper, then turn it in when you get back.

Enjoy the rest of your break.

No comments:

Post a Comment