Tuesday, February 5, 2013

In Your Own Words

I'm in class right now.  ...like RIGHT... NOW...

The students are all working, and since I'm in the computer lab, I thought a good use of my time would be typing this up while I monitor them.  (This computer is in the back of the room, which allows me to see all of their screens while I work - lest you think I was shirking my responsibilities...)

Not much has changed since yesterday.  It's a fairly difficult assignment, but they can get it.  One of the tricky parts includes looking at this chart:

It comes from the U.S. Energy Information Administration.  You can click to enlarge it.

If you're casually looking at it, it looks like the U.S. imports most of its oil from Nigeria - but that is not how the chart is set up.  One hint is the "other" countries are importing so much oil.  If that were the case, they should probably have their own line.  Another give-away is that the chart is explained on the website...

If you want the credit for reading and discussing the blog with an adult, read it - and discuss it.  To prove you did this, find a scrap piece of paper and write the following: "Box tops will be collected really soon.  I'm bringing in a bunch to give to Mr. Habecker."  Then, have the adult sign the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment