Friday, March 8, 2013

MAW

That's MAW - not to be confused with MWahahahahaha.   MAW.  As in Make-A-Wish.

I figured it's probably a good idea to alert you to the fact that we had our Make-A-Wish kick-off today.  (Maybe you were already aware of this...)

Every two years, CJHS tries to teach its students about philanthropy:



Thank you, google.

You know, philanthropy - doing something to help others.  Finding a good cause.  Giving time and money.

Concord Junior High has raised over $250,000 for the Make-A-Wish foundation.  It has granted a lot of wishes for kids in Northern Indiana.  If you can think of a way to help out, I'd like to encourage you to do so.  I understand budgets are tight.  I understand there's little time.  But at least consider it.

As for the rest of the school day - today was pretty big when it comes to 7th grade social studies.  You guessed it, it was ISTEP day.  I'm pretty sure the entire school breathed a collective sigh of relief, the students, staff - all of us.  I only wish I could see the scores today!

And we finally learned about the Mongols.  Here's the Crash Course video we watched:




If you want the extra credit for reading and discussing the blog, tell your parents how you thought you did on the social studies portion of the ISTEP.  Then, draw a thumbs-up or a thumbs-down on a scrap piece of paper, and have them sign it.  (Don't spend more than 30 seconds or so on the drawing... I mean come on, it's the weekend.)

Turn it in when you show up on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment