Monday, March 4, 2013

T minus 67 Hours

67 hours until the social studies ISTEP.  ARE. YOU. READY.?!?!

I like to think we are.  We spent today (and will spend the next couple days) going over a light review.

Today we went back over the ancient civilizations and the religions we studied earlier this year.  ...In the case of the civilizations, much earlier.

Teaching is crazy.  Sometimes I'm shocked by what my students forget, other times I'm shocked by what they remember.  Shocked, I tell you.

We spent some time looking at synonyms and various ways of wording questions.  It's probably a good skill to have in general.  And it always frustrates me when students act like I didn't teach them something because the question uses the wording "Nile River Valley Civilization" instead "Ancient Egyptian Civilization."

If you want the extra credit today, read and discuss the blog.  In the discussion, students, tell the adult some of the types of questions that were given today.  What all did you compare?  (If you have the paper, it'd be handy to go over it...)

Then, find a scrap piece of paper and write the following quote on it: "Stupid people are dangerous." -Katniss Everdeen, from Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment