Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Natural Barriers

I'll keep most of my opinions on ISTEP to myself on here. It's probably not the place. There's was an interesting article in today's Truth though...

In class we discussed natural barriers and man-made barriers. They had to complete a map for bellwork. We also went over some geographical terms - for instance, the majority of my students didn't know what a plateau is.

 When we finished the map, we went over some topics that we studied earlier in the year: human capital, economic spillover, the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, and Gross Domestic Product.

(Some classes didn't make it through everything.)

Yesterday was a long post, so today I'll post a short one. I'm going to try to put some grades in. If you want the extra credit, read and discuss the blog with an adult. Adults, maybe you can question my students on some of the topics we've discussed. ??? Sound like a plan?

If you've read and discussed it, write the following quote on a piece of scrap paper: "The opposite of love is indifference."  - The Lumineers.

And in case you wanted to see some geography mapped out, here you go:


No comments:

Post a Comment