Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WWI, Review, and Toe Teeth

Lets talk about the review first.

Students: you have a major test coming up.  Really, you'll have 3 major tests before the end of the year - Wed. is the first one, then the ISTEP, then a summative test at the end of the year.

You should take 10 or so minutes every night and review the material I gave you.  The charts and graphs from earlier in the year might also be helpful.

IF YOU WEREN'T IN SCHOOL AND YOU NEED A REVIEW GUIDE, YOU MAY DOWNLOAD IT HERE.  It's under "social studies documents."

We finished talking about WWI today.  I think the students completely understand the arm-wrestling analogy from yesterday.  We also watched the WWI crash course video.  I'm posting it below if you feel like watching it.  A word of warning: I edited a couple parts out when I showed the class.  They weren't that bad, but edging closer to the line.  If you want to watch it on your own time, that's your business.




At lunch yesterday I had the thought: what if people had toe-teeth.  I mentioned this while passing out papers.  Weird, I know.  And it has nothing to do with social studies, but here you go:




Students: if you want extra credit, study the review guide with an adult for at least 10 minutes.  When you're done, find a scrap of paper and write down 5 things you studied, and have the adult sign the paper.  Turn it in tomorrow.  Make sure your name is on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment