Thursday, May 2, 2013

What a Strange Ride It's Been

I can't believe tomorrow is Friday.

Today seemed very disjointed.  ISTEP has completely switched around our schedule here at CJHS, but we've been trained to prepare for every possible contingency.  We're flexible.  We go with the flow.

But that's going to make for a disjointed blog as well.  I can't just say: "we did this today," because "we" didn't.

I had to push 1st hour forward because I won't see them in class tomorrow.  I only had 4 of my students from 2nd hour.  Fourth hour was pretty typical but I'd already been thrown off my pace a little bit, so "typical" is hardly an appropriate term.

You get the idea.  And I'm sorry to have taken so much time talking about issues that aren't content-related.

Today in most classes I introduced the Israeli/Palestinian Conflict.  We reviewed WWII, Abraham - and the promises he received.  We compared what happened to kids with toys and the Native Americans.

Some other things we discussed today?  Synonyms - specifically autocracy for unlimited government.  Make sure you remember that one.

We discussed banks and in some classes Pakistan's hero.

It was a good day, but again... it felt disjointed.

I played some music while students were working on bellwork.  In 7th hour I played this song.  A student asked if I'd post it to my blog, so here it is:



If you want extra credit for reading and discussing the blog with an adult - you have to read it and discuss it.  Maybe you could discuss the Israeli/Palestinian Conflict.  Or banks.

Then find a scrap piece of paper, and write down a sentence about a time you had to share something with someone.  Have the adult you read the blog with sign the paper.  Turn it in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment