Monday, August 19, 2013

Mistaken

 

 
 


Some of us have made a lot of mistakes in our lives.  Hopefully we've learned from them.

Social studies looks at the interactions of people, countries, and society as a whole and tries to make sense of it all.  Can I apply the lessons learned by my country to my own life?  What about vice-versa?  Can I apply the lessons of the past to our current situations today?

We touched on all these topics today.

We also went over some basic map skills: cardinal directions, compass rose...

And then we started reading The Hunger Games.  We'll probably read 10-15 minutes a day.  You wouldn't believe how well it ties in with this curriculum.  (You might start to believe if you search Hunger Games in the search engine for this blog...)

If you want extra credit for reading and discussing this blog with an adult, tell them a mistake you made, and tell them what you learned from it.  Then, find a scrap piece of paper and write the phrase "You let laws be your guide."  Have the adult sign it.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was "let your CONSCIENCE be your guide!" ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my conscience is based on moral laws, I guess... so it's all good.

    Incidentally, it comes from a song I was listening to while typing: The High Road by Broken Bells. You should look it up, it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete