Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February: Another Extra Credit Opportunity

In class, we've started studying religions - specifically monotheistic religions for now.  We're starting with Judaism, as it's the oldest.  After that, we'll move to Christianity, and then on to Islam.

Normally, I'd write a post about that - about what we're doing in class.  (It looks like I'm a day ahead according to this Feb. 4th, 2014 post... we were also talking about delays...)

Today, though, I wanted to talk about a new extra credit opportunity.  February is black history month.  Throughout the month, I'll be putting names on my "thought bubble" board in the back of the room.  If students go home, and research the name, they can earn extra credit.  They need to write me a paragraph about what they've learned.  They may not just plagiarize a paragraph from the internet.  They need to put it into their own words.

I would suggest not just looking up text.  Look up some videos, as well.

The first name was Fannie Lou Hamer.  Here's a video that would have worked.  I love it.




If you want extra credit for reading today's blog post, write a short paragraph about the video on Fannie Lou Hamer.  Have the adult you read and discussed the blog with sign the paper.

Turn it in tomorrow in the extra credit tray.  Make sure your name, date, and hour are on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment