Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Egypt and Regions

I'm sorry that I didn't have time to send out an email about the blog post today.  Chess is meeting in my room.

I'll just quickly post what we did in class.  As always, my students can earn extra credit if they read and discuss it with an adult.

I asked a couple questions based on this map:

See if they can explain what this map is trying to show.  If they can't, please feel free to help them out.  States and countries have fixed boundaries.  Regions, not so much...


We also watched John Green's Crash Course Ancient Egypt.  Mind you, it does have a light curse word at the beginning.  I turned the volume down in every class, except 8th hour where I was distracted.  ...Students... Am I right?

He does point out that it's not cursing since he's talking about a donkey.  ...Maybe...

Feel free to watch the video:



If you want the extra credit for reading and discussing the blog, write down two or three sentences from your conversation.  Then, have the adult you read and discussed it with sign paper.

If you have time to remind your friends via facebook or instagram or whatever that there is an extra credit blog post today, they might appreciate it.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mr. Habeker!!! Cassandra Rodabaugh Here!!! I didnt know if you wanted it as a comment or... Anyway, heres a link to TWO videos Id love to show you! enjoy!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNr3x1kVVEc

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WBqHdI5Bdw

    ReplyDelete