Friday, April 19, 2013

Test and Africa

We have finished our tests, and I'm hoping to have the grades in today.  I haven't graded them yet, but I'll be interested in finding out how the kids did.  This is the first time I've made and given a test through google docs/ google forms.  It seems like there's a lot of potential for using these sites.  If there are any parents or adults out there who use them often and want to give some pointers, please feel free.

After the test, the students read and responded to an article on Africa.  (You can read the article HERE if you want.  The layout isn't nearly as nice as it appears in Junior Scholastic...  There's nothing I can do about that.)

The article contained a lot of information that we've covered throughout the year that the students would have to piece together if they wanted to understand it - for instance it dealt quite heavily with the economy.\

It also introduced organizations we'll be discussing next week - such as the IMF.

I hope you're all ready for a fantastic weekend.  I know I am.  It's been an interesting week.  If you want the extra credit, discuss the blog with an adult.  You can determine what you want to do to prove that you did this.

No comments:

Post a Comment