Monday, March 17, 2014

Kid President

We worked on a WWI map today from Junior Scholastic.  Many classes read the article on Friday.  If they didn't get to it then, we just skipped it.  I used today as an ISTEP de-stresser.  ...I'm pretty sure that's not a word...  Don't look it up.

At any rate, I'm glad the first portion of the ISTEP is over.  I would bet most kids feel the same way.

As part of our de-stressing day, we watched the latest video by "Kid President."  I had never heard of the guy before.  My wife showed it to me last night.  Here it is, in case you're interested in watching.




Tomorrow we're picking up where we left off before we started reviewing for the ISTEP.  We'll be reading George Orwell's "Shooting an Elephant."  If you won't be here tomorrow, you should read it.  You can find it HERE.

If you want credit for reading and discussing the blog today, watch the Kid President video, and tell me what you think.  Find a scrap of paper, and write your favorite line - then have the adult you read and discussed the blog with sign it.

Don't forget to finish the homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment