Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Latitude With Attitude

We took a little quiz today over the continents and oceans.  I let the kids study for a little bit, so I think it's all good.  I hope to have the grades in today, but we'll see how much I get done.

We also started discussing latitude and longitude.  I'm never sure whether the students have studied that before.  Some seem to have it down already, while others... well... others need a little bit more work.

We'll continue on tomorrow.

If you want extra credit for reading and discussing the blog with an adult, list the continents and oceans for them.  Then tell them the names of the 0° lines of latitude and longitude.  If you remember how to plot points, talk about that too.

Then, on a piece of scrap paper, write down the name of the line that separates north from south.  Have the adult sign it.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment