Wednesday, August 28, 2013

YOU MADE IT TO THE BLOG!!!



Welcome to the blog!!!

You're probably here because I showed my students how to get to it.  And you know I post one everyday.  Well, every school day.

As I said on the paper I sent home, I offer unlimited extra credit.  One of the ways my students can get extra credit is by visiting this blog and reading and discussing the content with an adult.  ...I guess that's why you're here.

Hopefully it will help them do well in my class, and it will also let you know what we're doing.

And we tackle some controversial topics from time to time, so this affords you the opportunity to give you're input as well.  (For instance, should we get involved in Syria?)

Furthermore, the blog will often give some insights into what's coming up in class.  For instance, tomorrow we're going to (re)take the continents and oceans quiz.  If you're unsure of your skills, it might be a good idea to practice again.  And you can even get more extra credit by doing that!

Now, you have to actually discuss the blog too.  So, adults: ask your kid some questions.  How'd they do on the game today?  Can they show you how to get there?  (Concord Jr. High webpage, students, grade level resources, geography games).

If you've read and discussed the blog with an adult, get a piece of scrap paper and write the following sentence:  "I have read and discussed the blog with ______________________.  It was definitely worth it."

Have the adult sign their name on the line.  MAKE SURE YOU PUT YOUR NAME, DATE, AND HOUR ON THE PAPER BEFORE YOU TURN IT IN!!!

2 comments:

  1. Geography games helped me out a lot thank u -Hannah Crockett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear it, Hannah! Well done and keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete