Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Continents and Culture - AND LAT LONG VID!!!

So, Mr. Jerlecki's digital media corp finished editing the video footage from our latitude/longitude activity.  You can check it out at the bottom of the post.  I'll talk about it more later... but I wanted to mention it, since I know that is the reason several of you stopped by.


Today we continued our discussion of culture - and what makes a culture.

But we also spent a lot of time on the continents.  Since the majority of students have aced their continents and oceans test, we can spend some time deconstructing all the ideas they have built up during the course of their education thus-far.

If you want to know exactly what I meant, you'll have to watch this video...  We watched it twice:



If you came here to get extra credit for reading and discussing the blog with an adult, you have to read and discuss it with an adult.  ...If you did that - BAM!  You're in luck.  You just have to prove it by writing two sentences telling me whether the adult that read the blog with you also watched the "What Are Continents?" video.  ...If they did (and I hope they did) ask them what they thought about it, and write another sentence telling me what they thought.  Have them sign it.  Then, put your name, date and hour on it, and turn it in tomorrow.  Five free points!!

P.S.  Now, I know some of you are here to see the video from the activity.  The other day we went around the school using latitude and longitude to guide us.  It went really well.  It gauged how well students knew latitude and longitude, but it also showed them how to follow a map.  Like I said at the top, it was edited by Mr. Jerlecki's Digital Media Corp.  That was nice, because it gave me some free time, and allowed them to have added practice video editing.  Win-win.  Check it out if you have time.  Maybe you're even in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment