Wednesday, February 15, 2012

China's Oil Imports

So... honestly, I didn't like my lesson today as much as I thought I would.  It was rather boring.  Sorry about that.  I promise you'll like it tomorrow.  Well... I'd better not promise... but you'll probably like it.

Today we continued discussing GDP, and we looked at China's oil imports.

I don't want to take up more of your time today, so I'll just get to the E.C.

Find out if your kid knows what an import is.  Ask them the opposite of import.  Ask them how GDP and standard of living are similar.  How are they different?  Why does China need to import more oil this year than they did in 2005?

Finally, ask them what currency means.  I was shocked, shocked, when I saw how many students didn't know what currency means.  In one class, I didn't have a single student who could answer it.  (Most classes it was about 50-50...)  My definition of "pounds" was "British currency."  Unfortunately, the students didn't know what currency meant.  Oh well, it's not like it's that common of a word.  Besides, they know it now.  (Hopefully.)

If you want the extra credit today, write the following phrase on a scrap of paper: "Riba ribi grize rep."  Then, have the parent or adult you discussed the blog with sign the paper.  Make sure you include your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment