To the 3 students that read and turned in the extra credit last night: Kudos to you. Thanks for putting forth the effort. And had you not done that, you wouldn't have had the chance for extra credit today, as I wouldn't have had the effort to write.
We watched one of those Crash Course videos today - this one was on Islam. You can watch it below if you're so inclined.
I'll finish up teaching about Islam tomorrow.
Here are some similarities between the monotheistic religions:
- They're monotheistic
- They follow religious rules
- They trace their roots back to Abraham
- They originate in the Middle East
- They believe Moses was a prophet
- Muslims and Christians believe Jesus was a prophet.
- The majority of Christians believe Jesus was/is God
- Muslims believe Jesus was not God.
So, here's the deal: if you want extra credit read and discuss the blog with an adult. Then, write two comments, facts, or whatever that came up in your discussion. Have the adult you discussed with sign the paper. Put it in the extra credit tray.